This groundbreaking arts education group needed a better way to organize their data, communicate with their members, and spread the word about the vital work they do teaching critical thinking skills. Together, we rebuilt their entire online operation from scratch. I worked with them from content strategy through design, layout, and some highly advanced functionality — including a custom-built WooCommerce add-on that allowed them to profit from group user memberships. All along the way, we focused on solving problems for both their users and their own organization.
The esteemed Baroque did the design and I did the front end and the guts of this deceptively complicated site. The site is all smiles and sunshine on the outside. And indeed I customized the back end to make it as peaceful and harmonious as possible for DSP staff to manage the site on their own and continue to tell the organization's story, without developer help. But deep in the back end, the site does the hard work of consuming public data, merging it with in-house tracking information, and producing the accurate tax assessments the DSP needs each year to keep growing downtown Spokane.
I stepped in to rescue this project for a Seattle/New York modern art gallery that had been burned by a firm that had over-promised and under-delivered. Working closely together, we created a simple design and back-end system that properly highlighted their art and made everyday maintenance a comparative breeze.
As the marketing front-end developer for this exploding online home-improvement start-up, I built many sites, including their consumer and professional blogs (the former of which you see here) and their from-scratch customer pages.
To celebrate the 125th anniversary of this local institution, I worked with school officials to create a dynamic Wordpress site that incorporated content from a commemorative special-edition book and equipped them with tools to lead a year-round giving campaign.
I turned a Wordpress site around for this Seattle community nonprofit in just two weeks — including mobile responsiveness and a highly customized, multilingual community survey component.
I exchanged a week at this French bed and breakfast for the construction of a new site. Not a bad trade.